What is Grid Share Solar?
Grid shared solar is a situation whereby multiple power users are enjoying a single solar and/or battery storage system.
Grid Share Solar is maximizing the benefits of the solar system and optimizes the way that each user is connected to the grid to create the perfect win-win situation.
What are the optimal situations for Grid Share Solar?
- Users are in close geographical proximity to each other and are sharing the same power line transformer.
- Multiple users with a significant overall power load.
Who can benefit from Grid Share Solar for?
- Commercial Multi-tenancy owners.
- Residential Multi-tenancy dwellings.
- Farms with multi-dwelling houses.
- Body corporate.
- Apartment buildings/blocks.
- Rest homes.
How does Grid Share Solar work?
Before Grid Share Solar
Each electricity retailer is connected to the grid and pays for:
- Daily connection fees.
- Power purchase from the grid.
- When the solar is producing more power than the load, power is exported to the grid and is sold for 8c.
After Grid Share Solar
Both electricity retailers are connected to the grid jointly and:
- Together they pay for one daily connection fee.
- Power purchase from the grid may be cheaper due to buying-power.
- When the solar is producing more power than the load, power is going to the other properties to be used for the full value.
What is the Smart Grid?
Smart Grid is Grid Share Solar with additional smart automation to enable the various users optimizing the energy available on site
See below an example: